One of the best parts about working for the pet industry is, well, the pets. Our furry friends are the reason why we do what we do. So, doesn't it make sense to include them in our work?
Unfortunately, not all offices or retail stores are well-suited for a pet-friendly work environment. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't changes that can be made in order to make it an atmosphere that's fun and safe for your pets.
What's the Point of a Pet-Friendly Workplace?
While the idea of a work environment that's friendly toward pets sounds nice on paper, we all know that implementing it can be a little more difficult. As you can see in the infographic below, there are many things to consider when taking on this transformation. However, there are many benefits to having a pet-friendly workplace.
- With animals around, there's less stress not only with their owners, but also within the entire workplace
- Time with pets makes employees more productive
- Boosts employee morale
- Reminds us as employees of the pet industry why we are doing our job - for them!
- There are cost benefits to healthcare, according to HABRI
- In a retail enivornment, it's a great way to try new products, engage with the animal, and improve employee morale and training by letting them interact with their end-consumers (the pets, of course!) on a daily basis
How to Implement a Pet-Friendly Work Environment
Implementing a pet-friendly work environment is easier said than done. The infographic below, created for Petco by Ghergic & Co., discusses some key tips on how to foster and manage a pet-friendly workspace.
We also have a few additional tips on keeping your office or retail store as friendly to pets as possible:
- Using an Advantek Pet Gazebo is a great way to keep your pets safely and securely contained in an outdoor or indoor environment
- Keeping treats at your desk such as Fruitables Skinny Minis or Smokehouse is good for training your pet to be calm and collected throughout your workday, and reward them for being such a good source of inspiration for your work!
- Having toys and a comfortable bed by your desk will keep your pet engaged and comfortable while you go about your day
- It doesn't have to be limited to just dogs! Having a cat, rabbit, or guinea pig at work may have similar benefits, although you may need to have slightly different considerations when it comes to managing a pet-friendly workplace. (Hint: Applaws' cat food pots are perfect for feeding on the go or in the office, no bowl necessary!)
- Don't forget to bring your pet's food to work, or have a separate container to keep food there! Supreme's buckets are a perfect anti-ant way of keeping a bulk amount of rabbit and guinea pig food in the office.
How-to-foster-and-manage-a-pet-friendly-office Infographic by Petco. Reposted with permission from Ghergich & Co.
GET IN TOUCH
Like our Facebook page.
Follow our Twitter.
Follow our LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ashley Hoffman – E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Manager joined the All Points family in April of 2015. Ashley brings a fresh outlook to the marketing industry as well as a constant desire for learning something new. She is dedicated to consistently improving her skills and efficiency in the marketing industry and using those skills to promote APM and all brands we represent. Ashley has grown up with many animals throughout her life and is currently the loving owner of two cats.
Click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on current market trends in the pet industry